Skip to content

Prospective Student Frequently Asked Questions

How can I meet with department members and tour the department and its facilities?

    You must make an appointment to meet with one or more faculty members.  Arrangements can be made for you and your family to tour the department and meet with faculty by calling the Microbiology Office at (865) 974-3441. 

I'm transferring to UT from another college.  Which credits transfer and how will they apply to a microbiology major?

    The Arts and Sciences Advising Center is equipped to evaluate your transcript(s) and can answer any questions you have related to transferring.  Contact that office at (865) 974-4483.

I'm a new/transferring student and the class I want to register for is closed!  What do I do?

    Classes are dropped and added rapidly at the beginning of each semester.  Some classes may have a waitlist function.  If so, utilize the waitlist first.  If the class does not have a waitlist function you will need to utilize the Drop/Add function.  Once you are registered for myUTK services, you should frequently utilize the Drop/Add function to attempt adding the class.  Keep trying via this method until the day classes start.  If you are unsuccessful, stop by the Arts and Sciences Advising Office, our departmental office or any other departmental office and request a Drop/Add Slip.  Complete the personal information and bring this slip with you to the first class period and speak with the instructor about adding the course.  If there is adequate space, he or she may grant permission to add the class, however, it is NOT GUARANTEED

The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.