Microbiology Graduate Program Checklist
Please verify you have completed all the steps below. Your file can not be reviewed until each step is complete.
- Complete Graduate School application
As part of the application:
- Official GRE scores (optional)
- Official College Transcripts must be submitted
- Pay $60 application fee
- Have 3 letters of recommendation submitted directly to the department
Priority guidelines for selection for the program are as follows:
- Completed undergraduate program with a 3.0 or better GPA (on 4.0 system). Included should be:
- One full year of general biological science
- One year of calculus
- Two years of chemistry, including one year organic
- One year of physics
- Introductory microbiology course
- Submission of GRE scores is optional.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- For international students, satisfactory TOEFL scores are required. For example, for the internet test, applicants with a minimum combined TOEFL score of 92, and a minimum score of 20 for each individual section will be given priority.
Priority consideration for admission the next fall semester will be given to applications received by December 1 each year.
- Official Graduate School Application. You must apply online via the Graduate School's website. As part of the online application, you must submit:
- One copy of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- GRE scores
- Non-Refundable $60 application fee.
- Three letters of recommendation