What is the status of my application?
You may call our office at (865) 974-3441 or Misty K. Jones at email@example.com to inquire about your application status. Keep in mind that the Admissions Committee cannot evaluate your application before all required materials are submitted to both our department as well as the Graduate School.
How will I know the committee's decision?
- Once the departmental admissions committee has reviewed your application materials and made a decision, you will be notified in writing.
What is the admission deadline?
- Priority consideration is given to applications received by December 15 for the fall semester. We accept applications year-round.
What are the minimum scores for my GRE and TOEFL tests?
- A score of at least 550 on each of the Verbal and Quantitative portions of the GRE is recommended. Lower scores may be admitted, based on the decisions of the Admissions Committee.
What is the University of Tennessee's institutional code for the standardized tests?
- To have your scores sent to the University of Tennessee, use the institutional code 1843. GRE and TOEFL scores are reported to Graduate Admissions.
How long do you keep test scores without an application?
- Test scores that are received without a current application are kept for a period of 6 months. After 6 months, test scores without current applications are destroyed.